Skip to content
Tasmania has the cleanest air in the world
- The North Western tip of Tasmania, on the Cape Grim Peninsula, has some of the cleanest air in the world.
- In-fact, the air is so clean that the local region bottles and sells its air and water to regions that are heavily impacted by polluted air businessinsider.com
- However, recent recordings at the Peninsula’s scientific station have reported readings of increased greenhouse gas emissions from as far away as China – a movement of air pollution which is threatening this baseline air quality.
- Air pollution is defined as "…the introduction into the atmosphere of chemicals, particles, or biological materials that cause damage to…living organisms" conserve-energy-future.com
- It is estimated that by 2050, 6 million people will die each year as a result of air pollution.
- Increased human consumption and manufacturing needs have contributed to a rise in air pollution – with levels higher than they have been for hundreds of thousands of years due to the amount of CO2 pumped into the atmosphere over the past 150 years nationalgeographic.com
- Switching to a lifestyle of recycling and re-using products will play a significant part in reducing the need for manufactured goods, resulting in less pollutants being released into the air.