Skip to content
20,000 plastic bottles are used around the world every single second!
- “Plastic pollution” is quite simply defined as plastic ending up where it shouldn’t be – on the beach, in the ocean, and in the intestines of marine creatures.
- Current research shows that more than 8 million pieces of plastic enter the oceans every single day; it is estimated that by 2050, plastic levels will outweigh all fish in the ocean (larq.com.au)
- A single plastic bottle can last for 450 years in a marine environment. The bottle will degrade and fragment over time into smaller pieces but will remain in our environment at a microscopic level. As such, every piece of plastic that has ever been produced is still with us on planet earth.
- The current level of plastic pollution is so bad that scientists have recently discovered microplastics embedded deep in the Arctic ice (surfersagainstsewage.org.uk)
- COEN’s decking, screening, fencing and cladding are all made up of 30% recycled plastic goods and will outlast your standard timber product – saving you time and money.
- At COEN, we believe that no change is too small or too late. Our products are made from 88% recycled materials.